Saturday, February 03, 2007

Time flies when you're having fun...

or should I say time flies when you're cleaning all week for a 1st birthday shindig. Gene always laughs at me when I clean like a crazy woman when company's coming over. "No one is going to see that there." Yes, but I'll know it's there. Silly it's true, but it gives me piece of mind. If I were a better housekeeper to begin with I wouldn't have to have these cleaning frenzies, but alas it's not to be. One of the bonus', though, about having a little crawler living with you...who puts everything in her mouth... is that it makes you much more aware of what's on your floors. My floors have never been cleaner!

Esther made out like a bandit today with all her birthday gifts. And of course, like any kid this age, the thing that interested her the most was the wrapping.


Lots of people showed up to join in the festivities. Here's John, Eleanor (with the ball), Karin and Dev. Eleanor was so sweet and gives nice kisses (and she just learned how to say "pee, pee," yeah!)


Here's Pan Pan checking out some of her toys (this one's from Nana Marilyn and was a big hit!):

Here's my lovely mom with her grand-daughter:

She was enamored with Sally's necklace...and of course she wanted to chew on it.

Here's Michele and Esther (yep, ML I put you in my blog! I think that's payback for something, right?):

Ivy (looking very pretty in the dress she picked out to wear) and her mom, Jen:

My college roommate Valerie and her kids, Kate & Jared (can I just say I remember when they were just this big...ok now I sound like an old person):
Enjoying the toy from her Papa Jerry, which she loves because it has pretty lights which spin and change (and it apparently tastes good):
Wearing her feather boa..."aren't I so fabulous, darling?":

0 comments: